19 February, 2014

Country Attire Blogging Event


On the Monday before Valentines, I eagerly made my way to the Country Attire blogging event where they were showcasing their new season to the Manchester bloggers. The event was taking place in the basement section of Revolution de Cuba on Peter Street, Deansgate and as I was allowed bring some guests, I invited my friend Abi from work along. Bless, I think she was more excited than me and we both made an effort to get dressed up for the evening.

Being the eternal organised person, I looked up Peter Street in advance as I was making my way from work. I have been known to get lost on several occasions and this situation was no different. Instead of looking for Revolution de Cuba, I somehow had it fixed in my brain that I was going to a Country Attire shop. Of course, there is no such shop on Peter St and after rechecking the invite, Abi and I laughed at how stupid I was and we found Cuba with ease. 

Upon stepping in, we spotted a few fashion bloggers heading down stairs and followed them. There we were met by a lovely gentleman who kindly took our coats and handed us a glass of something fizzy and a goody bag. The fizz tasted good, perfect for a Monday evening and we made our way into the main area where a crowd was gathering. There was a vast array of designer goods to view and we began to stroll around at our leisure. Country Attire prides themselves as being 'The Essence of British Style' and we were in for a treat as we tried on designer glasses, spotted Hunter boots and Barbour Jackets. As a sporty, outdoors person Abi had a real interest in the Barbour Jackets. 

I continued to browse through all the beautiful accessories while Abi enjoyed getting her nails done courtesy of Country Attire. Two nail technicians were on hand to manicure nails using the Country Attire logo colours of white and black. There was even the opportunity to have a pretty butterfly, as per their logo, placed on some of your nails if you so wished.


I fell in love with a number of accessories, in particular a dusky pink satchel by the brand Zatchels. It was very me and definitely something I have my eye on going forward. Abi was fond of the Hunter Check Zipped Tote Bag, currently on sale at £136.95 online. I can't say the designer glassed I tried on suited me, but hey it was fun to get the opportunity to try them on and have a quirky professional photo taken too.
We were also treated to lots of canapes and more fizz if we wanted it, but me trying to be healthy tried to refrain from all the temptation. However, I did try a few treats and they were lovely. It also helped that the waiter was quite dishy! 

Throughout the evening there were a number of models wearing more of the beautiful lines of clothing available. From swimwear to skinny jeans, from casual to dressy, the change in clothing lines was seamless, in fact the whole evening was very well organised and enjoyable too. It provided an opportunity not just to view what Country Attire had on offer for the coming season but to also catch up with some bloggers and meet some new bloggers too. Including Jess from Oh So Gawjass and Georgina from A Fairy Gobmother.

With thanks to Country Attire for the hospitality // www.countryattire.com

5 comments :

  1. Ah I wish i had been able to come along, it looked fab!

    Anoushka
    Anoushkaloves.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks amazing. Some fabulous attire too. I am jealous. Very trendy thanks for sharing. Love your blog too btw hun. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like an amazing night. Loving the bags

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it was a lovely night! Shame I didn't see you there xx

    Such good tips - T-Zone is a fab tip!


    You can find me on Bloglovin' here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4287801
    www.lilykitten.com
    http://lilykitten.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails