25 May, 2014

Easy Healthy Berry Smoothies

Smoothies are the business! If you're not making them you should be making them. A big statement I realise, but when you can jam pack a heap of vitamins and goodness into one glass, why wouldn't you give it a go. I've been on a bit of a health kick in 2014. In the last few days, I've upped it up a notch. (No, it has nothing to do with the fact I have a wedding to attend in a months time....I swear!)

Nine times out of ten, I will make time for breakfast in the morning. It's usually eggs, porridge or a smoothie and today I'm sharing with you my favourite healthy smoothie which I love to make about three times a week. You can experiment with lots of different types of fruit and provided you have a half decent blender, you're good to go. 

For this smoothie, you will need the following:

- 1 Banana
- Unsweetned Almond Milk 
- Natural yoghurt
- A scoop of frozen berries / summer fruits
- Manuka / raw honey
- Mixed / flax seeds
- Dessicated coconut


Method
Unpeel and chop up the banana and when done pop it into the blender. Insert a few scoops of frozen berries. The ones pictured above, I purchased in Aldi, but you can get them in any supermarket or if you're really organised, you can chop up and freeze fruit in advance. Adding frozen fruit aids in bulking up your smoothie and as its cold, it makes it extra refreshing.

Pour in some almond milk and add a dollop of natural yoghurt. I don't always use natural yoghurt as I like to keep the smoothie as 'clean' as possible and free from added sugar. Following this, add a small spoon of Manuka honey, again I purchased mine in Aldi. A little heads up, Manuka honey can be really expensive, especially in health food shops, so Aldi is a good place to buy it (alot) cheaper. Top it off by adding some mixed seeds for some extra goodness.




Once you've added everything, pop the blender lid on and blend! See, I told you it was easy. If you wish to make more than one, just double up the ingredients. For some extra vitamins, I sometimes add orange segments, kiwis or even spinach! Serve your delicious smoothie with some dessicated coconut and enjoy!


2 comments :

  1. Love smoothies and don't make as many as I should.
    Where do you get that flax seed from? I'm V and have been told I need to eat more of it!
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine in Aldi actually! I find its the cheapest place to buy it. Usually its costs about £6 elsewhere, where as Aldi is at least half the price!

      Delete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails