26 May, 2014

Stocking up on Beauty Essentials


Do you find that you always seem to run out of your beauty basics at the time same? I certainly do. This week was one such day. I need to buy a lot of basics and had even resorted to using my boyfriends smelly 'man' deodorant. Nice, eh? With that, I found myself in Primark and seeing as Manchester is home to the worlds largest Primark (yes, really!), I always find myself wandering around the beauty section upstairs on the hunt for a few bargains.

With the sun making an odd appearance every now and then, more flesh is on show. Not much mind you, but I have found myself slipping out of boots and into colourful sandals. Personally, I'm not a lover of feet, especially my own so in order to show them off to the world, they need to be looking their best. For a steal, I picked up one of those foot exfoliator thingy's for £1. I have a bit of a fear of using them. I know that sounds completely weird, but they freak me out a little, especially those ads on TV where it shows people people filing their hard skin and collecting it afterwards. Shudder! - However mine need sprucing up so I need to get over my freaky fear.


To compliment my new gorgeous soft feet, I also picked up some exfoliating gloves, again for the bargain price of £1, they are my new shower staple. I can get dry skin on certain parts of my body (ankles and elbows!) so I'm making more of an effort to tackle it through beauty treatments, items and of course diet. Funnily enough the thought of using the gloves don't scare me as much as the other item!

As a little treat I picked up two face masks. I've had a bit of a bad breakout over the last few days and while it has mostly cleared now I think it may be down to a new primer I was trying. If my skin can't breathe it results in lots of teeny-tiny spots which take an age to clear. These masks were £1 each and I'm hoping they smell as good as they look. Lemon Sherbet and Raspberry Ripple, I may have to stop myself from eating them!

While browsing I was delighted to find some cuticle sticks. Again, Primark didn't disappoint. £1 for a pack of 20. I actually had been needing these for a while and forgotten all about it so was delighted when I came across them. 


On the way home, I swung buy Boots to get my favourite shampoo. I just love the Aussie range, I mean its like a party in the shower and it smells so good too! Their shampoo always leave my hair feeling silky soft and as I have such fine hair it can get tangled, dry and damaged quite easily. It's in dire need of a hair cut at the moment, but that will have to wait for another month or two for that. My go to shampoo is the Miracle Shine and as outlined on the bottle, its for 'dull, tired hair begging to shine.' It doesn't disappoint folks!


I also picked up the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I've seen a few beauty bloggers rave about this product and as it claims to remove make up, I thought it was worth a try. As someone who wears make up pretty much every day, I'm always on the look out for products which remove make up quickly but without damage to my sensitive skin. 

To help with my 'tackle all the spots' problem, I checked out the section of teetree products. Teetree is often used in the treatment of blemishes and I like that this witch hazel spot wand had a 'day and night' option. I will admit that since using it, I noticed a difference in 24 hours. I'm not sure if this was just the natural progression of the spots dying away, but the morning after first use, there was a noticeable difference. 


What are your go to beauty basic items? I'm always hungry to learn about other peoples beauty regimes and favourite products are. Do share!

5 comments :

  1. Oh I have that Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water too - seems like a right bargain compared to the Bioderma one that I bought a few months ago and to be honest, I can't tell much difference between them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That masques look so good!! Are they good for sensitive skin too? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the miracle shine aussie shampoo it is so amazing when you use it with the conditioner too!
    Lovely post!

    www.smileatstyle.blogspot.com

    Laura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can just stock up on essentials such as cotton wool and cuticle sticks at Primark now, and it's always such a good price. X

    HOW I WEAR..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with the Garnier Micellar Water, I use it every morning and night pretty much! Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails