15 May, 2014

Superdrug Mini beauty haul

On a rainy, gloomy evening, there is nothing better than stepping off the bus from work and popping into Superdrug, 'just for a look'. Thirty minutes later you exit with a mini plastic bag containing one or two essentials and one or two beauty treats. I've cut right back on my make-up / beauty spending and so when I do get the opportunity to purchase a few things, I purchase wisely. 

Entering Superdrug, I knew I needed cleanser / make-up remover. I was pretty much all out and staring right at me was a Garnier stand. Lucky me, my favourite cleanser was on special offer at £2.10. Nabbed that bay straight away. I've also loved Garnier products, especially their skincare range. I've super sensitive and often dry skin and its gentle and thoroughly removes my make-up at the end of the day.


I then casually strolled over to the make-up section. My favourite place. The isles were not packed so I had time to stroll at my leisure. After umming and awing over a range of items, I picked up the Revlon Highlighting Palette in the shade 020 Rose Glow. I've become a big fan of highlighters lately and have been an avid user of one of the Soap and Glory highlighters for the last 6 months. With my pale Irish skin, pink highlighters or blushes suit me the best. They almost appear to plump up the skin a little and make the whiteness not so white.

I then went in search of an undereye concealer. Before everyone and anyone was raving about the collection concealer I had it and I loved it. Like every well used product, I ran out and went in search of more. I have tried on five separate occasions to buy and each time it's sold out. I tried to be clever and popped into Boots or Superdrug at different times of the day, but no, other people had me sussed out! No concealer for me. 

Instead I opted for the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age 'The Eraser Eye' in the shade light. I tested it out on my hand before I purchased it and thought perhaps it was a little on the dark side but decided to give it a whirl. I had read and heard so many great reviews about it, that I wanted to try it out. When I home, I tested it out and was impressed from the get go. Man this product does not disappoint. I'm excited to try it incorporate it into my daily routine.

With my mini haul gathered, I headed off to the tills. The lovely girl working there told me it was '3 for 2' on make-up and I could get something else. Delighted with this I ran over and grabbed the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer. I have the foundation and have been suitably impressed so I'm intrigued to see how the primer will work underneath. I'm not usually a primer kinda gal, but again, I've heard positive reviews.

A mini haul on a Thursday evening. A nice little treat totalling just over £22. Yay for the small things. 

5 comments :

  1. I like that you chose affordable products! I really like the Garnier cleanser :)
    Didn't try the other products, but the Maybeline Eye Eraser sounds a bit tempting to buy.

    Love,
    Andra

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Maybeline Eye Eraser seems to be everywhere lately! So tempted! Let me know how you get on with it because I always worry when I see it everywhere that everyone is just sponsored. Also that Collection concealer is always in Boots here so let me know what colour you are and I can send it over :) I have it but its a bit thick for under eyes so your better off to have this one for eyes and get collection for other bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cleansing lotion. I really feel like it has made a difference to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That highlighting palette looks so pretty, I might see if I can find it for a swatch next time I'm in town.. Pinky shades are perfect for summer too. X

    HOW I WEAR..

    ReplyDelete
  5. that eye shadow looks lovely! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/a-week-of-instagram-12.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails